Not sure if you should see a chiropractor when you are pregnant? The truth is, chiropractic care during pregnancy has been shown to be extremely beneficial to both mom and baby. Here are some of the benefits that you stand to gain:
1. Proper Pelvic Balance and Alignment for You, Proper Positioning for Your Baby As your belly grows to make room for baby, posture changes and pelvic misalignments can actually reduce the amount of room available to your growing baby. This may also make it difficult for your baby to get into position for delivery. Regular chiropractic adjustments can maintain proper pelvic balance and alignment, providing room for your growing baby and helping them get in the best position for delivery. In fact, chiropractic care can even correct or prevent breech presentation in the baby, allowing for a safer delivery.
2. Improved Nervous System Function - When your spine is in alignment and free of subluxations, your nervous system can function at optimal levels. This allows the body to work more effectively, which is especially important in the midst of all the changes taking place in your body. Chiropractic care will help your body adjust to these changes and can even provide relief from some of your pregnancy symptoms.
3. Faster Labor and Delivery - Chiropractic care during pregnancy has been shown to potentially reduce your time in labor and delivery. By helping the baby get in position for delivery and making sure your body is in position for delivery as well, chiropractic care can provide a decreased risk of cesarean delivery. By maintaining proper alignment in your body, you and your baby are best prepared for the natural delivery process and stand a better chance against medical interventions that other deliveries may require.
4. Relief From Low-back Pain As your body shifts and makes room for your growing baby, postural changes can create tension on your spine resulting in extreme low-back pain. Regular chiropractic adjustments can help your body adjust to these changes by correcting misalignments and alleviating unnecessary spinal pressure. Bonus: You can avoid medications that mask the pain and actually treat it at its source, which is better for both you and baby.
5. Improved Recovery After the arrival of your baby, the ligaments that loosened during pregnancy begin to tighten up again. Chiropractic care can assist in re-aligning everything in order to prevent future problems and pains, which means a better recovery for you. Whether you’ve been seeing a chiropractic doctor for a while, or have never been adjusted, if you are pregnant you should seriously consider including regular chiropractic visits in your prenatal and postnatal care plan. There are many chiropractors who specialize in pregnancy.
Webster technique uses a specific analysis created for expecting mothers. The goal of the technique is to reduce the effects of sacral subluxations (misalignments), allowing for proper bio-mechanics of the pelvis.
Simply put, the Webster Technique is an analysis and correction of the bony structures, muscles, and ligaments of the pelvis using gentle chiropractic adjustments.
Thousands of women use chiropractic during their pregnancy to improve their health and birthing experience. Many women benefit from shorter labors, less pain, fewer interventions, and increased satisfaction with their birthing experience while under chiropractic care.
You can find a Webster Certified Chiropractor in your area here.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Pediatric Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic Kids have the BEST Start to Life!
A healthy child is a parent’s number one wish. We all know the way for kids to grow strong and healthy is to stay off daily medications and avoid surgery. An adult’s spine protects their nervous system and so does a child’s! Your nervous system controls every function of your body so a properly functioning nervous system is crucial for your child’s development.
Therefore, it’s important to have your baby checked by a chiropractor to determine if stress from the birth process caused any misalignments in the spine.
When your child's health is at stake why take anything
other than the best advice?
Southern Family chiropractic provides answers to child-related chiropractic questions, all directed from the ICPA (International Chiropractic Pediatric Association). Studies have shown again and again that chiropractic helps kids' ear infections, digestive issues, colic, reflux, constipation, allergies, asthma, anxiety, headaches, and other chronic conditions. For more research on the safety and effectiveness of chiropractic for kids please visit icpa4kids.org
TOP TEN REASONS PARENTS TAKE THEIR KID TO SEE A CHIROPRACTOR
- To encourage adequate neural plasticity (brain and nerve development)
- To help strengthen their child’s immunity – encouraging fewer colds, ear-aches, and general illnesses
- To promote better nerve communication throughout their entire body
- To help resolve breastfeeding issues, colic, and reflux
- To reduce the impact the modern world has on our children’s health
- Supports digestive strength so it allows them to thrive
- To aid in better concentration and capacity to learn
- Promotion of better balance – helping to resolve poor posture, asthma, allergies, irritability, colic, and bedwetting
- To help kids stay fun, lighthearted, and in tip-top shape
- To allow a better functioning Nervous-System so all other systems and organs in their body can function at a greater level